Our primary goal is responsive architecture of timeless beauty. We believe design should have a positive impact on people, communities and the environment.
Founded in 2003, Andrew Franz Architect PLLC is an award-winning architecture and design studio based in New York City. With projects ranging from private residences to hospitality venues, workplaces, and facilities for cultural and nonprofit organizations, the studio creates thoughtfully detailed, highly functional spaces with a rich, yet modern sensibility.
Our professional staff includes architects, LEED accredited professionals, and interior designers. We promote an open, collaborative studio environment that shares original ideas and proven building practices. Our rigorous, client-focused design process favors engagement, craft, and inventiveness.
The resulting solutions are timeless and fresh, modern and urbane, across a broad portfolio of new construction, urban and rural additions, interior renovations, historic restorations, and master plans for civic spaces and parks.
Our primary goal is to create designs with a positive impact on people, communities and the environment.
Design should inspire, incite, complement and celebrate our lives. It should inform our legacies and respect our relationship with the environment.
In our work, we strive to distill simple, elegant and humanistic solutions from complex and disparate ideas, creating functional and meaningful spaces with clarity of form and purpose. We create links between users and the natural environment wherever we can. We believe hand craft is more vital than machined perfection – it creates a primordial connection between user and environment.
Through our desire for refined and practical solutions, the qualities of detail, beauty and elegance emerge.
Andrew Franz, AIA, LEED AP
Andrew Franz founded the firm in 2003 to pursue the twin goals of design excellence and client collaboration. Andrew believes design should engage and elicit a response in the user through careful consideration of light, materiality, craft, and proportion while linking spaces to their context and the natural environment.
Since the firm’s founding, Andrew has advanced a portfolio of award-winning projects. His design for Dyckman Landing and La Marina was recognized by the Observer as one of the 12 Best Projects of the Year and the recent Tribeca Loft has received multiple awards and been published nationally and internationally. His work has been published in Architectural Digest, Elle Décor, Interior Design, Dwell, The New York Times, and The Wall Street Journal.
Andrew attended Carnegie Mellon University and the Cite Universitaire in Paris before graduating with honors from the University of Wisconsin. Andrew is a member of The American Institute of Architects and a LEED accredited professional.
David TaitArchitectural Designer
- Sara and Matt Benson
- Catherine Birndorf and Daniel Labow
- Mary Boies and Noah Emmerich
- John Cheim
- Tina and James Deutsch
- Doug Ellis
- Carol Eng and James Woolsey
- Charles Flynn
- Michele Ganeless
- Michael Gerstner
- Michael Giordano
- Chloe and Seth Goldwin
- Cynthia Haas and Chris Bullinger
- Claudia Hamilton and Jon Hlafter
- Kathy Halbower and David Johnson
- Cynthia Harris
- Addie Havemeyer and Stuart Siegel
- Catherine Havemeyer and Daniel Singer
- Dukhui and Paul Holub
- Sarah Horowitz and David Venarde
- Susan and Michael Hort
- Elizabeth and Don Hutchison
- Jill and Michael Kafka
- EB Kelly and Josh Olken
- Nancy Kohlberg
- Dara and Itamar Kubovy-Weiss
- Jaclyn Levin and Andrew Kandel
- Cathie Levine and Josh Isay
- Aela and Don Morgan
- Priya Naman and Anand Radhakrishnan
- Vivian Ostrovsky
- Raquel and Jeremy Palmer
- Linda Pilaro
- Abigail Pogrebin and David Shapiro
- Robin Pogrebin and Edward Klaris
- Rachel and Louis Puopolo
- Meredith and Edward Rerisi
- Shaiza Rizavi and Jon Friedland
- Mark Ross
- Laurie Salitan and Marc Kushner
- Debbie Schorsch
- Jennifer and Matthew Smith
- James Suskin
- Cathy Tankosic and Harborne Stuart
- Nathalie Tauchner and Jerald Tenenbaum
- David Traitel
- Nick Tsangaris
- Ellen and Miner Warner
- Erica and Yaron Werber
- Megan Whippen and Ryan Preclaw
- Richard Wise and André Jones
- Jennifer Wolff and Stephen Perrine
Civic & Cultural
- Architecture for Humanity
- Andrew B. Mellon Foundation
- Century Foundation
- Classic Stage Company
- Daryl Roth Theater
- Film Forum
- Gloria Velandia Art Conservation
- New York City Department of Parks & Recreation
- New York City School Construction Authority
- Union Settlement Association
- Bar Q
- Digennaro Communications
- Dyckman Landing
- JLOW, L.L.C.
- Gilder Gagnon Howe & Co. LLC
- Manhattan River Group
- New York Cruise Lines, Inc.
- Prime Access
- Wise Builders, LLC
- RLR Partnership
- The Adler Group
135 W 26th St #10b
New York, NY 10001
Andrew Franz Architect is always looking for talented, enthusiastic, and dedicated people to join our team. If you would like to be considered for a position, please e-mail your cover letter, resume, and work samples as a single PDF, no larger than 5MB to: firstname.lastname@example.org